Letting it out

Standard

Now Listening: Atmosphere – We Ain’t Gonna Die Today
Mood: Exhausted

So, last we met, we have started the Marley, and I might have used up all of the time between the last entry and this making it. Might. *cough*

Finished Marley!

Name: Marley by Tin Can Knits
Needles: US11
Yarn: I cannot believe I had so much scrap wool yarn to make this. Er…various stuff, all wool.

Adding color!

I had to scour the yarn bins to look for more yarn. And I found lots of them. Most of them worsted, of course, but I found lots of sport, fingering, and lace. After this stripe of dark green, I decided to make a rainbow, and I sorted out colors.

So much color...

I forgot that I had several skeins of discontinued KnitPicks lace and fingering yarns, so they went in. Some leftover sock yarn. Lots of scrap from other projects.

Sailor Moon!

Watched a lot of Sailor Moon SuperS while knitting it. Also took it wherever I went, where I got lots of compliments on it.

It's so big...!

I casted off yesterday, and spent about ten minutes or so weaving in all of the ends that I couldn’t on route of knitting, then I tossed it into the washer.

Yes, you read that right, I tossed it into the washer. I filled the washer halfway and put in about a half-travel bottle of baby wash, then I gently placed the blanket into the bath. Closed the lid and let it agitate for ten seconds, then opened it for three or so minutes. Did that twice more before letting it soak for ten minutes, drained the water out. Repeated for the rinse, making sure the water did not hit the blanket while it was filling.

Sadly enough, I did not have enough foam square tiles for blocking, so I improvised: placing a few unused garbage bags on the floor, making an appropriate rectangle around them, and pinning the blanket’s lace border on the tiles, making sure not to stretch too badly. But it worked!

[imagine there’s a photo of the living room floor with the described here]

So yes, it turned into a really nice thing. Squishy and drapey. Oh, and it grew! It was 33x52in. before blocking and expanded to a generous 33x57in. Really nice and warm. Perfect for the summer nights when the AC dips to a frigid 75F. Yes I know it isn’t really. Hush.

Advertisements

Bonfire… and a Crazy Sexy giveaway — Tin Can Knits

Standard

After the birth of my new little one just over 3 months ago, I needed some bread and butter knitting; something simple and satisfying. So I cast on a gigantic Bonfire Blanket in Wool and the Gang’s Crazy Sexy Wool, a delicious super chunky wool. It took a little longer than anticipated, but I cast […]

via Bonfire… and a Crazy Sexy giveaway — Tin Can Knits

I’m reblogging because of the blanket! It looks so squishy-soft.