This morning, I had the pleasant opportunity to actually work on a hat commission.
It’s the 4 foot hat I mentioned about a while back. I got it started last week, but I was way too distracted with the tower and the amazing amount of music that I have backed up in DVDs that I ignored it until Sunday, where I did a mistake with the design.
The top two blue stripes are supposed to be switched: the darker blue is supposed to be after the black. *shrugs* I don’t think the commissioner will mind. I can say it’s artistic license. XD
You will also notice the hat is provisionally cast-on. That’s because of ear flaps I will be adding after the body is done.
Now, it’s going to be a bit of a hassle with this hat, because A) I am pretty sure I cast-on the wrong number of stitches, and B) I have no idea where to put the decreases.
Now, you, dear reader, is probably asking, “Joe, you’re a knitter. Surely you can think of something.” And yes, I can. But, given the schematics of the original hat, I cannot say for certain if the things I have in mind will be good or not.
Also, two shades of dark blue. Dunno what to make of that. But the yarn is nice and sturdy (read: held double) and it makes gauge, so I am guessing I’m on the right track.
Also, coffee and knitting do go great together.